By Penny Jayne
I had another 20cm x 20cm box canvas and used Tonic Nuvo Mica Mist Antique Gold to spray through my Stamperia Moon Butterfly Stencil. I didn’t attach it properly so didn’t get a crisp finish but still liked the effect it gave so continued.
Next I die cut elements from the Tattered Lace Nightshade die set. I cut these from 300gsm black card from Crafters Companion. These I shaped and attached a few foam pads to some elements and stuck them on with some Tonic Studios PVA glue.
I cast the Zuri Designs Inc Mercurial Beast using base A1 mixed with some A1 red pigment. When it had dried I decided I didn’t use quite enough pigment so sprayed it with some Red Deco Art Media Mister. Then to highlight the dragons gorgeous details a bit more I used some Pebeo King Gold Gilding Wax. I attached the cast to the canvas with Amsterdam Extra Heavy Gel Medium.
To finish it off I brushed Pebeo King Gold and Pebeo Antique Gold Gilding Waxes all around the edges/sides of the canvas.
- A1 base product A1LP01 Liquid & Powder
- A1 Red Pigment
- 20cm x 20cm box canvas
- Zuri Designs Inc, Mercurial Beast
- Stamperia, Moon Butterfly Stencil KSG445
- Tattered Lace, Nightshade die set
- Deco Art, Media Mister Red
- Tonic Studios, PVA Glue
- Crafters Companion, 300gsm black card
- Pebeo, King Gold Gilding wax
- Pebeo, Antique Gold Gilding Wax
- Amsterdam, Extra Heavy Gel Medium
- Tonic Nuvo, Mica Mist Antique Gold